We have just partnered with Smart Patients, to create an online support community for patients and caregivers affected by AE. We receive so many questions on diagnosis, treatment and recovery, we thought we could help more people by bringing them together in a safe online community. Here you can ask questions, share experiences, gain insight and get support!
Smart Patients is an online peer support resource for patients and family caregivers (18 years and older). People affected by a variety of health issues including Autoimmune Encephalitis, can share, learn and connect with others who understand their experience. It is free to join and easy to post questions.
The AE Alliance has chosen to partner with the Smart Patients team because their custom-built, disease-specific forums offer a truly safe, warm and engaging experience for patients and caregivers. The conversations are arranged using tags and completely searchable, so you can easily find what you’re looking for.
Here’s why Smart Patients is different than other online communities:
- No advertisements are ever allowed.
- All conversations are strictly private and can only be read by members.
- Only patients and caregivers are allowed to join.
- Discussions are closely monitored for inappropriate content or users.
- Communities are nationwide.
- Member profile data is never required or shared.
The AE Alliance wishes to thank Roni Zeiger, co-founder of Smart Patients and our founding members for creating the AE community!